Island Hopping (Kota Kinabalu Day Tour)
Tunku Abdul Rahman Park
Kota Kinabalu is tropical coastal city with natural beauty of mountains, ocean, and the stunning Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park. Our Island hopping day tour shows you some of that beauty by taking you on a fun filled day in the Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park.
Just a short boat ride from Sabah’s capital city, Tunku Abbul Rahman National Park features some of the best islands in Malaysia. Each island has its own unique beauty and visiting gives day trippers from Kota Kinabalu a wonderful day of island hopping.
If you’re a traveler looking for sun, sand, snorkeling, and fun in Kota Kinabalu, don’t miss out on this island hopping day tour.
About the Tour:
Our island hopping day tour takes you to two beautiful islands in the Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park. Your day will start with a boat ride from Jesselton Point to Sapi island. Once on Sapi island, all sorts of activities are at your fingertips. Choose from relaxing on the beach, exploring the island, snorkeling, parasailing, or simply enjoying the scenery.
Once you’ve had your fill of Sapi island, we’ll take you over to Manukan island. Here we’ll treat you to lunch of local cuisine.
After lunch, feel free to explore the island, enjoy the beach, or head out for some more water sports in the beautiful Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park.
When the day is finished, you may never want to leave. But if you do, don’t worry, we’ll give you a boat ride back to Kota Kinabalu.
About Tunku Abdul Rahman Park:
The park is a 50 square kilometer marine park located just off the coast of Kota Kinabalu and encompassing 5 islands. The park was originally formed in 1974 after the Sabah government recognized the need to protect the delicate marine life and maintain the islands as pristine locations. Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park is under the jurisdiction of Sabah Parks.
The park is named after Malaysia’s first Prime Minister, Tunku Abdul Rahman. Tunku Abdul Rahman is often referred to as the Father of Malaysia as was instrumental in Malaysia’s independence and the first leader of Malaysia as an independent country.
Island Hopping Day Tour Itinerary:
- Pick up at your hotel lobby to go to Jesselton Point.
- At Jesselton Point, you will meet your tour guide and hop on a boat and head to Sapi Island.
- Upon arrival, free at leisure around Sapi Island.
- Optional activities : Snorkeling, swimming, scuba diving, parasailing, banana boat ride, sea walking and coral flyer.
- Boat ride to Manukan Island.
- After lunch, free at leisure around Manukan Island.
- Optional activities: Snorkeling, swimming, scuba diving, parasailing, banana boat ride, jet ski, volleyball, hiking and more.
- 3pm: Return to Jesselton Point and Hotel.
Day Tours in Kota Kinabalu:
Creating a custom tour is easier than you think. Ask us how.