Mount Kinabalu National Park Area & Poring Hot Springs
Kinabalu National Park and the surrounding areas are a must visit for travelers to Sabah. Malaysia’s 1st UNESCO world heritage site; this area is very diverse, boasting thousands of species of plants, flowers and mammals some of which are endemic to Borneo and some of which only exist inside the park.
Our day tour of the area includes the stops at the highlights as well as expert knowledge from our drivers and guides ensuring you will get the most out of your visit to the area.
Kinabalu National Park is Malaysia’s 1st UNESCO world heritage site. The park includes Mount Kinabalu which stands as one of the tallest mountains in the region at 4095 meters, unique species of birds, insects, and wildlife, botanical gardens, and tons of hiking trails.
Poring is a quaint town on the backside of Kinabalu National Park. From this area, you can soak in natural mineral hot springs, or trek back into the park from Poring to see a stunning waterfall.
The cool weather and friendly locals in the Kinabalu Park area inspire Malaysians as well as international travelers to this biodiverse and unique location in Borneo.
- 8:00 am: Meet up with our driver at the hotel and proceed to Kinabalu National Park.
- Stop at Nabalu Market for some shopping of the local handicrafts and fruits or just to stretch the legs.
- Arrival at Kinabalu National Park, hiking through botanical garden followed by hiking around the park trails.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Proceed to Poring Hot Springs area and enjoy a trek to nearby waterfall located in Kinabalu National Park.
- Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu (estimated arrival to hotel: 7:00pm).
- Kota Kinabalu City & Nature Tour
- Taste of Borneo Cooking Class
- Mangrove Canoeing
- Borneo Cultural Experience – Mari Mari Cultural Village
- Proboscis Monkey & Firefly Cruise
- Jungle Trekking – Kawang Forest Reserve
Kinabalu area adventures:
Creating a custom tour is easier than you think. Ask us how.