Mari Mari Village – Borneo Cultural Experience
From blowpipes, to traditional dancing, to bamboo sticky rice cooking, Mari Mari immerses you in an authentic Sabah cultural experience. Spend a half day at Mari Mari Cultural Village with us to learn more about the unique cultures of Sabah.
Mari Mari is great for families. All ages are welcome.
This half day exploration will take you an hour outside of Kota Kinabalu to a beautiful countryside location. Mari Mari Cultural Village is more than your run of the mill tourist location, it’s a living breathing museum showcasing the customs and culture of the Kadazan, Dusun, Murut, Rungus, Bajau and Lundayeh people who are indigenous to Sabah.
You will be able to learn about the diversity of these indigenous tribes in a relaxed natural setting amongst the different styles of houses, foods, and customs. For those interested in delving into some of the culture of Sabah a trip to Mari Mari Cultural Village is a great way to do just that.
Mari Mari Cultural Village tour can be booked for morning (9 am start) or afternoon (1 pm start).
Either option can be booked through our online booking system.
- Pick up from the hotel and proceed to Mari-Mari Cultural Village in Inanam.
- Upon arrival, you will have a short briefing on the Village Rules before you enter.
- Upon entry, you will be greeted by the Chief and go through a traditional custom of a welcome ceremony and cross the suspension bridge to enter Mari-Mari.
- Once inside Mari-mari Cultural Village you will be able to learn about each tribe including history, architecture, customs, and lifestyle of each indigenous group. Every ethnic group has their own unique history, traditions, and language.
- You will be able to participate in many activities, including using traditional blow guns, dances, games, and traditional food preparation.
- Enjoy a traditional buffet meal at the Mari Mari Cultural Village before your tour ends.