Kinabalu Park Camping Experience
You’ll camp inside Kinabalu Park and enjoy trekking, guided night walks, bird watching, and the natural beauty that Kinabalu National Park is famous for.
Join us in this one of a kind location that puts you in Kinabalu Park without the crowds.
About the Tour:
There is something to be said about going to a destination where you’re the only one around. Our Kinabalu Park Camping experience offers you exactly that. This is an off the radar location that is sure to take you away from the crowds.
We pick you up in Kota Kinabalu and bring you to this off the beaten path location for a 3 day adventure in the beautiful natural setting provided by Kinabalu National Park.
On the way, we’ll stop off for a bit in Sayap village. This quaint, out of the way village will give you a taste of rural life in Borneo.
After Sayap village, we’ll continue into the park until the road ends at Sayap Substation. The substation will be your campground for the next two nights and is equipped with basic facilities.
Your time in Kinabalu National Park won’t lack adventure. Our knowledgeable guide will get you out in the park to spot birds and wildlife, both during the day and at night.
You’ll be surrounded by amazing rainforest filled with endemic plants and animals, some which only exist within the park. Look out for unique orchids and pitcher plants.
If that’s not enough, our guide will guide you to the Kemantis waterfall. This wonderful, rarely visited waterfall is a must see.
Day 1 KOTA KINABALU – SAYAP SUBSTATION
- Pick up from your Kota Kinabalu Hotel. Our friendly driver will transfer you to Sayap Substation.
- Along the way, you will have the opportunity to stop in Sayap Village to grab any last minute supplies and get a taste of rural village life.
- Upon arriving at the Sayap Substation, set up camp and have lunch.
- After lunch, trek with our guide to Kemantis Waterfall, which is fed by water flowing from Mount Kinabalu.
- After dinner, head out to go for guided night walk to search for wildlife and insects.
Day 2 SAYAP SUBSTATION
- Follow our guide for an early morning birding expedition and continue through the morning wandering the trails weaving through the park.
- The afternoon is yours to spend how you wish. Wander the trails, relax by the river, or simply enjoy the scenery.
- After dinner, you can follow your guide for another night walk.
Day 3 SAYAP SUBSTATION – KOTA KINABALU
- Early morning birding
- Break down camp and return to Kota Kinabalu.