JOIN THE TOP PEAK TEAM
Sales and Operations Intern
RM1000/Month – 6 Month Contract
Want to gain experience with the Malaysian tourism industry? Top Peak Travel is looking for a motivated person to join our sales team for a 6 month paid internship. No prior experience is required.
As a Sales and Operations Intern, you will work closely with our senior sales staff to provide our clients with a welcoming and highly personalized journey through the process of creating custom tour itineraries for Malaysian Borneo, West Malaysia, Brunei, and Singapore. As one of the top custom tour providers in Malaysia, Top Peak Travel provides a personalized experience that travelers simply can’t find anywhere else.
The successful applicant will be granted a 6 month contract as an intern with Top Peak Travel. At the end of the 6 month period, there is a possibility to join our sales team as a full time employee.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Loves travel.
- Excited about learning about the tourism industry
- Is outgoing and excited about sending clients on adventures they won’t forget.
- Is goal oriented.
- Is detail oriented, and driven.
The Sales and Operations Intern at Top Peak Travel will work with closely senior sales staff as they guide clients through the process of designing and booking a custom tour package. You will learn the intricacies of the sales process as it moves through the initial enquiry all the way through to the client’s trip.
During the course of your internship, you will work with senior sales staff and learn how to:
- Communicate effectively with clients.
- Track sales progress using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Develope itineraries for custom travel.
- Calculate trip costs.
- Provide a comfortable and personal experience to clients through the course of their journey.
- Assist the operations department with making arrangements for custom tour products which you have sold.
- Assist the accounting department in maintaining records of sales, suppliers, and other sales related accounting tasks.
Additionally, the Sales and Operations Intern will learn to take part in activities such as:
- Assisting in the development of new and exciting and engaging multi-destination tour packages.
- Meeting with new and existing suppliers to foster beneficial relationships to ensure that we maintain our high standards of quality and broad range of products for every kind of traveler.
- Traveling to new and existing destinations to assess the quality of service and of the product.
- Developing documents and processes which streamline or improve the sales process.
- Maintaining a high standard of quality and developing quality control measures to ensure the high standard of quality is maintained throughout the sales department.
- Experience: No prior experience required.
- Education: Minimum: SPM; However, priority will be given to candidates possessing a university degree in a tourism related field.
- Excellent English language skills (written and verbal), Bahasa Melayu. (Mandarin a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized and timely.
- A willingness to learn.
Join Malaysia’s most unique tour provider today!