Kota Kinabalu previously known as Api Api
What can you say about Kota Kinabalu?
I’ll say it’s a city within the Nature and History..
What I mean by that? it is because within Kota Kinabalu City you can see a lot of parks, beaches, historic site and even islands, just a few kilometers away..
I take a starting point from Wisma Merdeka to most of these places and you’ll see what I mean…
1. Atkinson Clock Tower is located about 600 meters. (Historic Site)
2. Signal Hill Observatory Platform is located about 1.5 kilometers. (Nature)
3. Kota Kinabalu City Bird Sanctuary is located about 3.6 kilometers. (Nature)
4. Double Six Memorial Park is located about 3.7 kilometers. (Historic Site)
5. Sabah Museum is located about 4.4 kilometers.
6. Tanjung Aru beach is located about 6.4 kilometers. (Beach)
7. Petagas War Memorial Park is located about 6.7 kilometers. (Historic Site)
8. Perdana Park is located about 6.7 kilometers. (Health, leisure & Nature)
9. Prince Phillip Park is located about 6.7 kilometers. (Nature & Beach)
10. Water World Theme Park is located about 8 kilometers. (Leisure)
11. Tun Fuad Stephen Park (Bukit Padang) is located about 8 kilometers. (Health, Nature & Leisure)
12. Monsopiad Cultural Village is located about 14.8 kilometers. (Culture, Nature & Leisure)
13. Lok Kawi Wildlife Park is located about 19 kilometers. (Nature)
14. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park (The islands of Pulau Gaya, Pulau Sapi, Pulau Manukan, Pulau Mamutik and Pulau Sulug) is located about 3-8 kilometers by boat.
So! as you can see, around 20 km within the city of Kota Kinabalu, you can easily visits these places.
Want new articles before they get published?
Subscribe to our Awesome Newsletter.